Sandalwood — Soothing
Sandalwood has been used for millennia for religious rituals and meditation. It is wonderful for enhancing mood, promoting healthy skin, and soothing the mind. It has a deep, woody aroma that mixes, rich, floral, and sweet smells into a delightful and grounding experience. Popular uses for Sandalwood include applying it topically when mixed with a carrier oil to rejuvenate smooth, healthy skin; diffused throughout the home; mixed in a hot bath; or added to hair products to restore moisture and shine.
Please note that due to current events, shipping may be delayed more than two weeks. We're sorry for any inconvenience and are working to get back to same-day fulfillment as soon as possible!
- Latin name: Santalum album
- Country of origin: India
- Part of the plant: Heartwood
- Obtained by: Steam distilled
- Main biochemical components*: Cis-alpha-santalol, cis-beta-santalol, trans-alpha-bergamotol
- Properties: Anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antispasmodic, diuretic, sedative, expectorant, fungicidal.
- Physical uses: Dry coughs, bronchitis, laryngitis, sore throats, respiratory congestion, inflammation, infections, muscle spasms, nerve pain, poor circulation, lymphatic support, immune support.
- Skin care uses: Dry skin, mature skin, sensitive skin, rough skin, devitalized skin, oily skin, blemishes, eczema, itching, chapped skin, inflammation, minor skin infections, small wounds, skin tonic.
- Psychological uses: Anxiety, tension, stress, sleeplessness, sense of isolation, emotional instability, low libido.
- Subtle uses: Calms and comforts. Promotes the ability to trust and accept. Encourages meditative states and a sense of peace.
How to Use
- Add a few drops to a neutral lotion and massage onto skin to create a woodsy, mood-boosting personal fragrance.
- Diffuse the relaxing aroma in the evening to unwind after a long day.
- Add a few drops during your conditioner application or include it in a DIY hair mask to nourish your hair and scalp and create healthy-looking hair.
- Include 5–10 drops in your evening bath for a calming, spa-like experience.