Roman Chamomile — Soothing
This Chamomile has a soft, floral scent known for its sweet, soothing nature. We enjoy it diffused in the bedroom right before sleep or in a cup of tea or hot water first thing in the morning. If you don't have a diffiuser, just put a few drops on a cotton ball! It's fantastic for calming frayed nerves or putting a busy mind to rest. Blends wonderfully with Lavender.
It can be used in all the usual methods of essential oil application including with a diffuser, mister, steam bowl, or mixed with a carrier oil and appplied directly to skin. Note: Avoid Chamomile Roman during the first 4 months of pregnancy.
Please note that due to current events, shipping may be delayed past two weeks. We're sorry for any inconvenience and are working to get back to same-day fulfillment as soon as possible!
- Latin name Chamomile Roman: Anthemis nobilis
- Country of origin: USA
- General Properties: Sedative, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antibacterial, antispasmodic, nervine, digestive, anti-depressant.
- Physical uses: Muscle aches, muscle spasms and cramps, stiff joints, menstrual cramps, headaches, inflammation, chronic infections, stomach ache, PMS, nerve pain.
- Skin care uses: Inflammation, irritations, rashes, allergic reactions, acne, rosacea, sunburn, itching, minor burns, small cuts, chronic skin infections, insect bites and stings.
- Psychological uses: Stress, tension, anxiety, anger, fear, sleeplessness, worry, shock, impatience.
- Subtle uses: Calms. Promotes patience. Eases grief and sadness.
How to Use
- Apply 2–4 drops directly to the skin or add a few drops to a neutral lotion and massage onto skin.
- Rub a few drops onto wrists or the nape of the neck for an empowering, confidence-boosting personal fragrance.
- Diffuse the relaxing aroma in the evening to unwind after a long day.
- Add a few drops during your conditioner application or include it in a DIY hair mask to nourish your hair and scalp and create healthy-looking hair.
- Include 5–10 drops in your evening bath for a calming, spa-like experience.